Where to Stay
LogisticsThis is a point to point race with the finish line at Lightning Lake Day Use Area in E.C.Manning Park. You can either have your crew drive you to the start line near Keremeos, BC, or you can book yourself a seat on the bus through UltraSignup. See the Race Guide Schedule of Events for bus schedules for the weekend.
You cannot leave your car at the start.
Parking LogisticsThe race finishes at Lightning Lake Day Use Area in E.C.Manning Park. Racers who are catching the bus to the start line can leave a vehicle in the designated "Fat Dog Parking" area.
Where to Stay
- Manning Park Resort is very close to the finish. Call them to book a room: 1-604-668-5922. The online reservation system will appear full as rooms are blocked off for racers. Call the front desk and let them know you are with Fat Dog 120 and they will let you know what is still available. This resort has chalets, cabins of various sizes, as well as motel-style rooms. Tell them you are staying for the race. If you are staying at the lodge, you can leave your car in the resort parking lot during the race. The resort is popular and books up quickly. Update April 2023: Manning Park Resort is full
- Manning Eastgate Motel. Just 15 minutes away from the resort.
- Eastgate Community. There are cabins to rent in Eastgate just 15 minutes east of the resort. Check Airbnb for availability.
- Sunshine Valley resort cabins and RV park is 30 minutes west of Manning Park Resort. Airbnb for Sunshine Valley.
- Hope is 45 minutes away from Manning Park Lodge and has many motels.
- Princeton is 35 minutes from Manning Park and has several motels as well.
Camping is available. New for 2023, you can book your camp spot starting 4 months in advance, but the sites book up extremely fast (within 10 min of opening). All reservations must be made through the BC Camping website or call 1-800-689-9025. There are also some first-come-first-serve camping sites in Manning Park but they are quite popular and fill up quickly. If you plan to make use of this option, we suggest arriving at least a few days early to ensure you have a site.
The Skyview Campground is recently opened and has full-service RV sites. This is the closest accommodation option to the finish line (5 min walk).